Bathroom Blogfest 09: Flushing this economy will take more than the average toiletBy
This post is part of Bathroom Blogfest 09. Professor Toilet is proud to be one of 21 bloggers invited to participate in this third annual event, celebrating all aspects of bathrooms. This year’s Bathroom Blogfest theme is “Flush the Recession and Plunge Into Forgotten Spaces.”
MaP Your Way Around Clogged Toilets
To flush the likes of this economy, it takes a high performance toilet, independently tested to remove at least 1,000 grams of solid waste on just 1.6 gallons of water or less.
That’s more than 2.2 pounds of stuff you really do not want to be plunging.
Maximum Performance Testing (MaP) is an independent report of toilet flushing performance developed by John Koehler and Veritec Consulting. The 15th edition was just published last week, available free through the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
The EPA requires that WaterSense labeled toilets be able to flush a minimum of 350 grams in the MaP test. At present, MaP test is the main, if not only, independently recognized test designed to gauge this rather important parameter.
Follow along with participating bloggers for the Bathroom Blogfest ’09 all week:
• Susan Abbott at Customer Experience Crossroads http://www.customercrossroads.com
• Reshma Anand at Qualitative Research Blog http://onqualitativeresearch.blogspot.com/
• Shannon Bilby at From the Floors Up http://fromthefloorsup.com/
• Shannon Bilby and Brad Millner at My Big Bob’s Blog http://blog.mybigbobs.com/
• Laurence Borel at Blog Till You Drop http://www.laurenceborel.com/
• Jeanne Byington at The Importance of Earnest Service http://blog.jmbyington.com/
• Becky Carroll at Customers Rock! http://www.customersrock.net
• Leslie Clagett at KB Culture www.kbculture.blogspot.com
• Katie Clark at Practical Katie http://practicalkatie.blogspot.com/
• Iris Shreve Garrott at Checking In and Checking Out http://circulating.wordpress.com/
• Julie at Julie’s Cleaning Secrets Blog http://cleaningsecrets.greatcleaners.com/
• Marianna Hayes at Results Revolution http://www.resultsrevolution.com
• Maria Palma at People To People Service http://www.people2peopleservice.com/
• Professor Toilet at Professor Toilet’s Blog http://www.professortoilet.com/
• David Reich at My 2 Cents http://reichcomm.typepad.com/
• Bethany Richmond at The Carpet and Rug Institute Blog http://www.carpet-and-rug-institute-blog.com
• Carolyn Townes at Becoming a Woman of Purpose http://spiritwomen.blogspot.com
• Stephanie Weaver at Experienceology http://experienceology.blogspot.com;
• C.B. Whittemore at Flooring The Consumer http://flooringtheconsumer.blogspot.com
and Simple Marketing Blog http://www.SimpleMarketingBlog.com
• Linda Wright at Lindaloo.com: Build Better Business with Better Bathroomshttp://lindaloo.com/