Archive for jado
It’s that time of year again to put on that zombie makeup and fire up the witches brew. Halloween isn’t merely a holiday for the kids anymore – with costume parties and trick-or-treater house guests – the holiday has become a time to dress up our homes for the festivities. Professor Toilet wants to see your creative Halloween décor ideas. This isn’t the run-of-the-mill Halloween photo contest – we want to see what you’ve got when it comes to entertaining this season in your home. Send us your creative home decorations that scare, amaze or delight your visitors for the chance to win an accessories set from American Standard! See below for some Spooktacular inspiration…
- Email your Halloween décor images to us at email@example.com with the subject line “SPOOKTACULAR Contest Entry” and leave a comment on this post to acknowledge your entry before November 7th, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST. The picture can be of décor anywhere in the home (bonus points for a Spooky bathroom or kitchen) that’s decorated for Halloween or the Autumn season.
- Professor Toilet and his team will choose their favorite entry and announce the winner here on ProfessorToilet.com on November 9th, 2012. Contest entries will be judged on the following criteria; ability to express the spirit of Halloween or Autumn & creativity (spooky or not!)
- Also enter a caption for one of the photos below (your choice of one) by commenting on the comments section and we will randomly select one of those comments. Randomly selected photo caption will also receive Mega Plumber Action Hero from Professor Toilet.
- (1) Winner will receive their choice of a set of JADO Stoic Collection or Pyke Collection accessories valued at $485-510 USD. Each set consists of the following; (1) Robe Hook, (1) Tissue Holder, (1) Small Towel Bar/Ring, (1) 24” Towel Bar. Must be 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest is open to US and Canada residents only. Approved image entries will be added to an album on the American Standard Facebook page.
NOTE: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR ADMINISTERED BY FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY.
Here are your Prize Package Options:
See more inspiration after the jump!
EDIT (November 19, 2012) : Congratulations to the winner of the photo contest, Christian F., and caption winner, Mark “Doc” H!! Winners will be contacted via email with instructions on how to claim their prize. Thank you to everyone who participated!
If you are looking to add a sophisticated touch to your bathroom, the Professor strongly recommends the JADO Stoic collection of luxury bathroom faucets. Inspired by the elegant look of modern jewelry styles, the collection is available in four distinctive handle options and three signature hand-buffed finishes. The Professor finds that the wide variety of styles allow the faucets to fit any number of different stylistic settings, easily complementing more minimal bathrooms or gracefully contrasting with more transitional ones.
Underneath the beautiful finishes and delicate-looking shapes lie solid brass construction for durability and ceramic disc valve cartridges, which ensure a lifetime of drip-free performance as well as noticeably smooth handle control. Stoic sink faucets are also WaterSense-certified and feature the exclusive JADO Luxury Speed Connect Drain, an innovation that radically simplifies drain installation, something that even certified experts like the Professor can appreciate.
January is Bathroom Safety Month! This may not seem like the most exciting or important observance, especially compared to widely celebrated holidays like World Toilet Day. However, the Professor recently read some very sobering statistics that should make anyone reevaluate the importance of investing in home furnishings and fixtures designed to help keep seniors safe and steady, especially in the bathroom. A few examples:
- 70% of home accidents occur in the bathroom
- Every 2.3 seconds, an adult aged 65 or older suffers a fall
- 40% of those hospitalized from hip fractures do not return home
Whether you are making arrangements to have an aging parent move into your home or simply wish to plan ahead to grow older independently in your own home, incorporating universal design features into your home can be a wise idea. Fortunately, there are many ways to help prevent slips and falls, even while maintaining a stylish and luxurious bathroom.
One task that can be especially dangerous for older adults – and anyone with limited mobility, such as after an injury – is getting in and out of the bathtub. According to a recent report submitted by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, an average of 370 Americans suffer bathtub or shower-related injuries every day.
An increasingly popular solution to this issue is to upgrade to a walk-in bath. Modern walk-in tubs are attractive and available with luxury options like air bath and whirlpool features. The Professor is also impressed by the special Quick Drain option available on American Standard’s line of walk-in baths that drains water from the tub in less than 2 minutes, so there’s no need for a long, cold wait before exiting the tub.
Ready to start making your bathroom a safer, more comfortable place to be? The Professor is pleased to offer the chance to win a single-control JADO Hatteras faucet to help you do just that. The stylish faucet meets the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines and is also WaterSense-certified. For your chance to win, just answer the following questions in the comments. The Professor will choose his favorite response on 2/3/12 as the winner.
1. What are some creative ways you gear up your bathroom to be a safe place for children and the elderly to use?
2. What creative remedies have you found to protect against falls on a slippery tub or floor?
3. What are some changes you have made to your home that will allow you to “age in place”?
4. Thinking of safety with the other end of the age spectrum, what are the best ways to baby-proof a bathroom? What are your favorite kid-friendly safety devices?
The minimalist Glance Collection by JADO offers perfect form matched with flawless function to offer a luxurious and appealing shower experience. The video below shows the multiple functions of this elegant shower system.
The Professor is typically a land-lubber, but still appreciates the unique look that nautical decor can bring, particularly to the bathroom. The stylish Hatteras collection of lavatory faucets and shower fixtures available from JADO is a great example.
Every once in a while the Professor’s mind drifts from the bathroom to the kitchen… usually around lunchtime. One kitchen style trend that has been particularly eye-catching is the Victorian look. The exquisite details of JADO’s Victorian Kitchen Faucet collection are a great way to bring a touch of old-fashioned charm. Watch the Victorian Pull-Out Faucet in action below.